November 21, 2020
Dear Clients and Family,
Thank you for your confidence in Professional Caretakers and thank you for allowing us to serve your needs! We are encouraging all caretakers and clients to get both a flu shot and covid vaccine when available.
All of our caretakers are following CDC and HHS regulations regarding Infection Control and Covid-19. Specifically our caretakers:
- have received specific documented training on Covid 19
- are taking their temps twice daily and we are documenting their initial temp.
- are documenting that they have no suspicions regarding Covid.
- they are asking and documenting the 4 Covid questions on their timesheet.
- are completing enhanced cleaning including all hand surfaces for all of our clients
- are using designated entrances if you are in a facility and will stay confined to your room as much as possible.
- follow effective Infection Control procedures including wearing a mask, gloves as appropriate, and proper hand washing techniques.
Caretaker Procedures If Exposed
If your caretaker has any symptoms or suspect they may have been exposed, they will immediately call our office, will NOT report for work, and will stay home in quarantine for 14 days. They will not return until we have a negative test for Covid 19.
For your information all of our caretakers are virus free, and many have been tested, for various reasons, but were negative. We have had 1 staff person and 2 clients that tested positive in the third quarter of 2020. The staff person is currently in quarantine and both clients have fully recovered.
If you suspect you or any of your family has contracted Covid, we can bring you a home test kit. We will work with the county and potentially transfer you to home health care companies that handle Covid care. We do not have the critical supplies. We will ensure that you are properly cared for at home or at the hospital.
Please call us if you have any questions.
Maureen & Howard Petersen, Owners