Hospice care is about more than managing pain or providing physical care, it is about providing emotional support during a difficult time. Our caregivers at Professional Caretakers will not only care for your loved one, but also serve as a friendly, uplifting and trustworthy member of the support system surrounding him or her. We care very much about helping your family focus on your relationship and the time you have left with your loved one. Therefore, we take extra care to provide thoughtful support that creates a peaceful environment.
What is Hospice Care?
Hospice care addresses your loved one’s emotional and spiritual needs when he or she faces a terminal illness. When facing a terminal illness, hospice care can help someone live the best quality of life possible and make the most of every day. Oftentimes people do not realize that hospice care often provides an extra level of emotional and spiritual support that is helpful during such a difficult time.
If you are considering hospice care for a loved one, it may be helpful to understand why others have elected to use it. Some common situations in which people choose hospice care include:
- Diagnosis of a terminal illness.
- Frequent hospitalization.
- A doctor has advised that further treatment will be ineffective.
- Someone wishes to remain at home.
- Needing spiritual and emotional support.
In-Home Health Care
Whether it is companionship for your loved one, or taking care of everyday things around the house, our caregivers will support you in any way possible to ensure that you and your loved one can make the most of the time you have together. This includes support like:
- Sitting with your loved one when the hospice nurse and family caregivers can’t be with him or her.
- Providing respite care, consoling and companionship and when you need a break.
- Coordinating with the hospice nurse to ensure pain medications are taken appropriately.
- Monitoring medication effectiveness and providing feedback to the hospice nurse.
- Helping with custodial care like dressing, bathing and toileting.
- Helping with errands, light housekeeping and pet care.
If your loved one needs our support, do not hesitate to contact us today and see how we can help.