Please read this carefully. Professional Caretakers values your privacy and we are required by law to protect your Personal Health Information (PHI), medical information and other information. This notice describes how to access your information and how we will use this information, with your permission.
Information Collection, Use, and Sharing
We are the sole owner of the information collected through our website or any of our processes. We will not sell or rent this information to anyone. We may use and disclose your medical information for:
- Care and treatment including disclosure to your caregivers and other medical professionals for that purpose.
- Payment including filing your long term care policy claims.
- General business operations including reviewing your care, training employees, auditing our files and other administrative tasks.
- Legal or law enforcement including cases of abuse, neglect or domestic violence
- Public health activities, disease control, or medical investigations
- In the event of a threat to an individual’s or a communities health or safety
If we use or disclose medical information not covered specifically in this notice, Professional Caretakers will take all precautions to ensure that the use or disclosure of your information is:
- permitted or required;
- limited to only the information necessary;
- that you are notified if required to be; and
- that your privacy is protected.
You have the right to review and to get a copy of your medical information. If we deny your right to review or copy your records, you have the right to have our decision reviewed. You may be charged for the copies. You have the right to ask us to change your medical information. However, we will not change any information that we determine is correct, that was created by others, is not part of the medical information we have about you or is not part of the medical information you would be allowed to inspect or to copy. To request a change, please contact us and provide a reason for the change.
We take precautions to protect your information. We do NOT collect sensitive information (such as credit card data) through our website, Only employees who need the information to perform a specific job (for example, billing or customer service) are granted access to personally identifiable information. The computers/servers in which we store personally identifiable information are kept in a secure environment.
6050 Harris Parkway
Fort Worth, TX 76132